Selected Resources From Southern California Employment Attorneys
The attorneys at Appleton Law Group are dedicated to providing competent, client-oriented representation in California employment and labor law matters. To help you learn more about these areas, we have compiled the following list of online legal resources.
Employment & Business Resources
- California Business Portal (Secretary of State) – This website provides information and resources for California businesses, including links to forms and fee information.
- Department of Fair Employment & Housing – The Department regulates employment, housing, and public accommodation discrimination, and hate violence.
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement – This website contains information related to labor disputes, such as wage claims, and contains links to labor laws, regulations, and policies.
- Employment Development Department – This website contains information regarding unemployment and disability eligibility and insurance in California.
- Franchise Tax Board – The Franchise Tax Board provides detailed information about California’s major tax programs, and includes links to forms that individuals and businesses may use.
- Los Angeles County Business Online Resources – This website contains resources for businesses in Los Angeles County, and provides links to Los Angeles County agencies that provide services to the business community.
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board – The Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board provides links to labor laws and regulations as well as decisions of the Board.
California Court & State Bar Resources
- California State Courts – The California State Courts website contains links and information regarding California’s court system, including links to forms and rules of the court.
- Orange County Superior Court – The website provides links to forms, case status information, and general visitor information.
- Ventura County Superior Court – The website provides links to forms, case status information, and general visitor information.
- California Bar – The California State Bar website contains information regarding the role of the California Bar and provides information and resources for the public as well as legal professionals.
Selected Laws & Programs
- U.S. Constitution – This website contains the text of the Constitution as well as reference articles about the Constitution.
- Bill of Rights – This website contains an overview of the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution) and a link to review the documents in the National Archives.
- Declaration of Independence – This website provides the complete text of the Declaration as well as reference articles.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) – The website contains information about employers’ and employees’ rights and responsibilities as well as links to recent EEOC decisions.
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service – The website contains resources and information regarding immigration services, including information for employers and employees seeking to comply with federal immigration requirements.
- Internal Revenue Service – The IRS website provides detailed information regarding national tax programs, and includes links to forms for individuals and businesses.
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration – This website provides information about workplace safety and includes links to rules and regulations governing workplace health and safety standards.
- U.S. Department of Labor – The website provides a comprehensive overview of national labor issues, including wages, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.
- California Code & Statutes – This website contains a link to all of California’s codes and statutes.
- Los Angeles County Home page – This website contains resources for Los Angeles County residents and businesses, as well as information about county services.
- Orange County Home page – This website contains resources for Orange County residents and businesses, as well as information about county services.
- Ventura County Home page – This website contains resources for Ventura County residents and businesses, as well as information about county services.
If you would like to discuss your case with a Southern California employment law attorney, please call our office at 888-649-1874 or contact us online for a free consultation.